The most commonly asked questions
Ultimate FAQ About PDO Thread Lift
A PDO Thread Lift is an innovative, new cosmetic treatment that uses absorbable
sutures to offer ramp up collagen production in order to subtly lift the facial feature and
counteract the signs of aging. Here find the answers that you’re concerning.
Three are some of the questions that are commonly asked about PDO Thread lift – the high effective, anti-aging treatment with minimally invasive procedure.
PDO Threads are hypodermic needles preloaded with a synthetic PDO absorbable suture. PDO (polydioxanone) sutures are surgical sutures that are used to perform cardiac surgery. All sutures are imported from South Korea and PDO sutures are one of the safest materials that can be used in the body. Your skin will fully absorb the threads within 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissue.
While the sutures are underneath the skin, however, your skin gently reacts to the skin creating a “selective inflammatory response” to produce collagen to create a longer-lasting result: This principle is behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as fractioned lasers, skin tightening treatments and microneedling). Our skin is excellent at repairing itself, and by inserting the Oldream Threads underneath the skin to lift the loose skin, the skin will heal itself by creating new collagen naturally!
There are different types of thread that are suitable for different ages and different degrees of sagging. That is why it is very important to choose the right thread type for a desired result. For example, cog threads are most commonly used to lift sagging tissue around the jaw and neck in order to improve the patient’s profile. Meanwhile, screw threads can be used for plumping and adding volume to deficient areas, such as the cheeks, as well as lifting. Your plastic surgeon can advise you on which type of thread suits you.
Most popular treatment areas are the brows, cheeks (midface), jowls, and the upper neck. However, Thread Lift can be performed virtually anywhere on the body, such as to lift loose skin on the upper arms, stomach, thighs and around the knees.
- The areas to be treated will be numbed with topical as well as local anesthetic.
- Mark the areas where need to be treated.
- The threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small hollow needle to lift and support droopy elements without removing any skin. The inserted thread is then able to grasp onto the droopy skin and soft tissue to reposition the skin. This requires no cuts or incisions. It’s purely done by injections.
- With the lift effect secured, the hollow needle is removed without leaving any scars.
- Depending on the desired effect of the lift, few to several sutures will be used.
- The PDO suture remains underneath the skin. Different sutures and lengths will be used depending upon the area(s) you need lifted.
The result of the Thread Lift is immediate and even more noticeable after 1-2 weeks when all the swelling and potential bruising has resolved. The results will continue to enhance as your skin produces even more collagen over the next several months which will also make the results of the thread lift last longer than the life of the threads. More threads can always be inserted down the line to continue to improve the results and prolong the results even more. If you choose to have a more intensive surgical procedure or facelift at a later point, this can be done without any problems as the PDO sutures will be absorbed completely without leaving any kind of scarring.
For the right candidate, the Thread Lift can provide a pleasing, natural rejuvenation of the face with the benefit of no general anesthesia, rapid recovery and very minimal cost compared to a facelift or a necklift. Thread Lift may be combined with other, more minor surgical procedures, such as Botox, Injectable Fillers, Ultherapy, microneedling or skin resurfacing lasers.
Ideal candidates for thread lifts include:
- People with minimal signs of aging who need just a small lift. Good candidates are those patients who are starting to see some droopiness of the brow, cheeks, jowls and/or neck and would like to see a lift effect, but do not want the risk, scars, or recovery of a real browlift, facelift, or necklift operation.
- People who have had some relapse from a previous plastic surgery procedure such as a facelift or neck lift.
- People who do not wish to undergo a surgical facelift or necklift for various reasons such as not wanting a prolonged recovery of a stand facelift or do not wish to spend money on an expensive facelift.
The procedure itself is minimally invasive and does cause micro-injuries to layers within the skin. As such, patients are given a local anaesthetic before their treatment which will ensure that they remain comfortable and relaxed throughout.
PDO thread lifts are an ideal alternative to the traditional surgical facelift where the signs of skin ageing are more pronounced, often in older patients. Thread lifts give you a lifted and smoothed appearance without the need for any general anaesthetic, extensive recovery time or surgical intervention, making them perfect for a more subtle lifting procedure and far safer than traditional surgery.
Like any procedure using a needle, there is a chance of bruising and swelling. However, in most people, the bruising and swelling is minimal and resolve in less than a week. There is some post-op discomfort which usually resolves quickly in most patients. If the sutures, for some reason, become visible underneath the skin or migrate, it can be easily removed if necessary and new threads can be placed.
- Persons allergic to polydiaxone, polylactic acid or coprolactone.
- Persons under treatment for malignancies and autoimmune diseases.
- Persons under the age of 18.
- Persons who have infections or acute inflammations in the skin areas to be treated (acne, herpes, etc.).
- Persons who underwent dental surgery just before this treatment.
- Persons suffering from an autoimmune disease and / or receiving immunotherapy.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Patients with extremely sagging skin.
- Patients predisposed to hypertrophic (wide, pink) scars. Patients with an extreme degree of fat loss in the face or neck.
Can’t Find an Answer?
If you can not find the answer you’re concerning, don’t hesitate to contact us for help by filling the forms as below.
A Non-Surgical Face Lift
PDO Thread Lift procedure safely and instantly lifts up loose skin on the face, neck and the body with minimal downtime.